With many people working from home during the lockdown, cars are staying in the garage for longer periods of time. To ensure that you’re not stuck with a car that won’t start or a flat tyre when you do want to head out, you need to do regular maintenance.
Here is a checklist to keep in mind:
- Treat your vehicle to a luxurious CREAM wash to ensure it’s squeaky clean and polished. Our special blend will ensure your vehicle is not only clean, but your paint is also protected.
- Before you head out, make sure your tyres are still properly inflated. If not, you might want to visit your nearest filling station for a top-up. Check the tyre treads too, because worn tyres are extremely dangerous (and may earn you a fine!).
- Ensure that your spare tyre is still in good condition and properly inflated.
- Clear out your cubby hole, under the seats and in all the little nooks and crannies where trash and other bits and bobs collect. If you leave trash in your car, it could attract pests and bacteria. You may even find items or documents you’ve been looking for!
- CREAM can quickly and safely sanitize your car. This is a good idea if your vehicle’s been standing for a while or if you regularly drive and could be exposed to Covid-19.
Under the hood
- If you don’t use your car for a few weeks, your battery can go flat. To prevent this, take your car for a spin at least once a week. Keep jumper cables handy, in case your car needs a little help to start.
- Visit your nearest filling station and let them check the oil and water or do it yourself at home. You can get a container of oil at your nearest filling station or a hardware store.
So, if your vehicle needs some extra love and care during the lockdown, visit your nearest CREAM branch and see why our customers keep coming back.